Hot and sunny days make Phoenix one of the most desirable cities to live in. But Phoenix’s unique environment does require residents to rely on their A/C units more often than not. Unfortunately, most homes lose a significant amount of energy from their windows letting in the warm air. At Lifetime Windows and Doors we seek to change that. Our fiberglass windows can save you money on your monthly energy bills while adding curb appeal to your home.
The Many Positive Aspects of Fiberglass
Unlike many traditional windows that are not properly insulated fiberglass is extremely durable and lightweight. Fiberglass windows expand and contract at equal rates making it easy to maintain your home’s cool temperature. Eight times stronger than vinyl, fiberglass windows are resistant to dents, scratches, and discoloration, lasting 38% longer than windows made from other materials, like vinyl.
Not only are these windows environmentally friendly – you can recycle its glass components- installing fiberglass windows can increase your home’s market value!
Lifetime: An Outstanding Choice
At Lifetime Windows and Doors, we are focused on customer satisfaction and safety. Our technicians are dedicated to providing quick, safe and high-quality services to every customer.
At Lifetime, we backup our promises with a lifetime guarantee and warranty. And, if you sell your home in Phoenix, it will even transfer to the next homeowner.
Lifetime Windows and Doors is fully insured and licensed in Arizona, and every staff member has undergone extensive training.
A proud distributor of Infinity from Marvin products, we offer fiberglass window installation throughout the greater Phoenix area. At any time, please feel free to call us at 480-550-9993. We’ll be happy to come to your home and give you a free estimate.
How Does Fiberglass Make Windows More Efficient?
There are a lot of reasons that fiberglass is such a great solution for windows. One of the big efficiency advantages fiberglass has it due to the weaknesses that arise with the other options. Vinyl is often a competing option to fiberglass but you might see some of the following challenges depending on the type of vinyl window solution:
- Increased Aging: You could see an increase the effects caused by yearly weather changes and elements with vinyl at a much faster rate versus a fiberglass option.
- Less Strength: Fiberglass is eight times stronger than vinyl. If you are replacing windows, you want something that will come at a higher strength to maintain the energy efficiency throughout all seasons.
- More Blemishes: Vinyl will likely show blemishes at a quicker rate than a fiberglass option.
- Less Layers of Insulation: Even though many consider it to be common sense, fiberglass has several layers in their windows. The more layers that the fiberglass option has over a vinyl one will add an advantage to the efficiency fiberglass has over vinyl.
- Less Likely to Hold Its Shape: The ability for fiberglass windows to perfectly match the space they go into and be contoured to a variety of fittings allows it an advantage over other options. More importantly, holding that shape is imperative to making sure the windows don’t be compromised with letting outside elements in. Fiberglass is able to achieve this better than your other options.
What Is the Difference Between Retrofit and Replacement?
When looking at the installation options, you might hear both terms thrown out. Retrofit installation occurs when the perimeter frame is kept but the window themselves are replaced with fiberglass. There are several caveats to whether a retrofit is viable or not like what condition the frame is in and if it can support fiberglass windows.
Replacement is when the entire frame is replaced along with the windows themselves. As many houses have dated frames, you see this as being the most common solution that is required to achieve a higher level of energy efficiency in the home.
How Can Fiberglass Windows Save You Money?
Whether you have vinyl or wood window frames, you will likely experience a challenge with the issue of longevity. Warping due to weathering and temperature change is common but fiberglass won’t experience that level of deterioration. It is a realistic option with wood and other options that the structure of your home could be compromised depending on the level of warping that occurs. Fixing that potential structure issue is one way that fiberglass windows help to save you money.
Wood and vinyl warping at a faster rate than fiberglass will also leave your home vulnerable to new paths being created where those outside elements begin to sneak in. Your utilities could increase and kick into overdrive to combat those outside elements. Fiberglass being able to hold its structure for years will eliminate the chance of that happening.
How Do I Know My Windows Are Ready to Be Replaced?
There isn’t a definitive guide to determining whether your wood frame or vinyl windows should be upgraded to a fiberglass option. If you’ve become tired of fixing, replacing, and painting your window frames it could be time for a fiberglass window option.
If you have noticed drafts in the house or drastic increases to your energy related utility bills, it could be worth looking at fiberglass window replacement. The energy efficiency that comes with our windows can dramatically affect your monthly utility bills.
How Can Fiberglass Doors Protect My Home from the Heat?
Fiberglass doors protect homes in the Phoenix, Arizona from the heat by providing extra protection. Arizona homeowners are used to extreme heat, but most exterior doors can’t take the heat.
Because the Arizona heat is brutal, doors need to be resistant to heat. Fiberglass doors are made with Ultrax frames. Because heat is constantly expanding door frames, Arizona homeowners need a frame that won’t warp or sag.
The Ultrax frame of fiberglass doors have a threshold temperature of 350 degrees meaning when installed on your home, you do not have to worry about heat damage.
Are Fiberglass Doors Energy Efficient?
The answer is yes and can save Arizona homeowners money of utility costs. Summer weather can create high power bills for homeowners. The installation of energy efficient fiberglass doors can help homeowners during the extreme heat.
Energy efficient fiberglass doors will eliminate drafts, keep your home cool in the Summer and warm in the Winter.
To insure you are purchasing fiberglass doors that are energy efficient, always look for ENERGY STAR certified products.
When is the Best Season to Install Fiberglass Doors?
For many homeowners deciding the best time to install fiberglass doors is a difficult decision. If you have decided to install fiberglass doors, the best time to install is before Winter.
By installing fiberglass doors before Winter, this insures your home is protected during the Winter weather. However, homeowners can install fiberglass doors during the Winter as well and save on installation costs.
Determining the timeframe of fiberglass doors installation is a decision that should be made together with the homeowner and experts.
Do the Fiberglass Patio Doors Come with a Lifetime Warranty?
All Infinity from Marvin fiberglass patio doors come with a lifetime warranty. By providing a lifetime warranty to homeowners, this insures that homeowners have peace of mind.
How do I know My Doors Need to be Replaced?
One way homeowners will know it time to replace exterior doors such as patio doors, is age. How old is your patio door? If your door is at least fifteen years old, it’s time to think about replacement fiberglass doors. Is my home drafty? When you can feel air from the outside or heat escapes, it’s time to think about replacement doors. Are your exterior doors cracked or showing signs of wear and tear? If you answered yes, it’s time for an in-home consultation.
Don’t live with old, worn, ugly, or cracked exterior doors, upgrade to new, energy efficient, beautiful fiberglass doors.
What are the Advantages of Installing Fiberglass Patio Doors?
There are many advantages of installing fiberglass patio doors. Homeowners can save money of utility costs and fiberglass patio doors come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors to provide a beautiful upgrade.
Another advantage of installing fiberglass patio doors is these types of doors protect against weather elements including heat and cold. This is especially important for Arizona homeowners who experience extreme heat.
How Durable are Fiberglass Doors?
Fiberglass doors are built to withstand the elements of any weather as well as built to last a lifetime.
- Made from Ultrex fiberglass which is 3.5x stronger than wood or vinyl materials. When making a decision to upgrade to fiberglass doors, Arizona homeowners need a door than can withstand wind.
- Ultrex fiberglass can withstand temperatures of up to 350 degrees. This is an important feature for homeowners in Arizona where temperatures can soar during the Summer months.
- Fiberglass doors made with Ultrex is non-toxic. This is important to homeowners who are concerned with the environment or worry about harmful VOC’s.
- Fiberglass doors are stronger than low-carbon steel. This keeps fiberglass doors from warping or cracking.
How Can I Schedule a Consultation?
If you are considering replacement fiberglass doors or want to upgrade to fiberglass patio doors, the first step is to have an idea of what you are looking for.
Secondly, you need to contact a professional to discuss your options and schedule a consultation. The expects can walk your through all of your options.
What Happens After Choosing to Purchase Fiberglass Doors?
Once you have spoken with a representative and decided to upgrade to fiberglass doors, there are several steps that take place.
- Installation is the biggest step in the process of getting new fiberglass doors. As the homeowner, you will be walked through all steps as to what will take place during the insulation process.
- During installation, an inspector will come out and make sure everything is up to par.
- Once installation is complete, the homeowner will go through a walkthrough to insure everything is satisfactory.